MAC lipsticks are my all time favourite! The colour range is just so varied and extensive that you are bound to find whatever you are looking for. Read all about MAC Neutral Lipsticks, MAC Dark Lipsticks, MAC Bright Lipsticks and MAC Mid-Tone Lipsticks to get an idea of the shades available.
Not only is their range so varied, but also, they types of finishes they have are also quite extensive and suit all preferences.
The types of finishes MAC lipsticks have are the following:
- Matte: These are the most long lasting of them all. Matte lipsticks tend to be drying (which is why they last long) however overall I find MAC matte lipsticks to be super hydrating and creamy – the only drying one I have heard of is Ruby Woo. Thick in texture but they glide on effortlessly, give a good intense matte colour, and last a good couple of hours – obviously depending on whether you are eating or drinking, however still quite long lasting. As they are matte, it is a good idea to exfoliate and moisturise your lips for best results. Lasts approximately 5 hours.
- Amplified: My favourite type of finish! Extremely hydrating but at the same time, very intense and highly pigmented. The colour application is nice and glossy, and rich in colour and lasts quite long – however not as long as a matte lipstick. Lasts approximately 3 hours.
- Satin: Good in colour pigment – very opaque, however can be slightly drying which also make them last quite long. Not as drying as matte lipsticks but in general offer less colour payoff than matte and amplified shades. Last about 4 hours.
- Cremesheen: Super creamy and hydrating, however due to this they do not last very long as they can come off quite fast. They are relatively pigmented and fit somewhere in between a gloss and a lipstick. Last approximately 2 hours.
- Glaze: These type of lipsticks are quite sheer and are great if you just want a subtle pop of colour on your lips. They have a bit of a shine to them and are quite soft on the lips, however do not last very long so they would need to be applied quite often. Last approximately 1-2 hours.
- Frost: Not really my favourite type of finish as they tend to be a bit on the ‘frosted’ or metallic/shimmery side. That being said, their famous shade ‘Angel’ is a frost finish and is actually not that frosted so it’s worth giving them a go. Not the most long lasting of shades so they will need a few reapplications. Last approximately 2 hours.
- Lustre: These lipsticks are also quite sheer however do give a bit more coverage then the glaze finishes, with about the same amount of gloss. Nice for a subtle lip colour but also needs a few re applications. Lasts about 1-2 hours.
What’s your favourite finish?