I’ve just come back from a short trip to London – what an amazing time! Such a beautiful city, loved it! A four day break is always needed every once in a while. Pity it always goes by so fast!
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday recently, I did go a little bit crazy with beauty and make up shopping so during this holiday I mostly bought much needed clothes and shoes. However, of course, it would be impossible to not have bought any beauty items!
So, here’s what I got on my mini beauty haul in London – individual product reviews will follow shortly.
Starting from left to right:
- Tanning Mitts: ‘Faking It‘ and ‘Cocoa Brown‘. If you self tan then you know that you can never have too many tanning mitts! Got these from Primark for £2 and £1.90 respectively.
- Sunkissed Giant Bronzer in Medium: Yes I do realise that Summer is some time away, but the price was so good I couldn’t resist! Got this from Primark for just £3 when usually at home I find it for close to double the price.
- Pure Colour Eye Pencil in Brown: Neutral eye pencils always come in good use in my opinion so as soon as I saw this near the check out, I snatched it up. It’s a deep brown shade that seems good for both day and evening looks. Got this from New Look for only £1.99.
- Pure Colour Nail Polish in Chocolate : Spotted this just on top of the eye pencil! I love a dark nail polish and this deep coloured red wine colour is one that will complement most colours that you could wear. Got this from New Look for £2.99.
- Bee Natural Lip Balms in Acai Berry & Pomegranate: With colder weather approaching, I start paying more attention to my lips. These caught my eye are they are a 100% natural beeswax lip balm. They both smell amazing and are very hydrating with a formula that’s nice and creamy and blends immediately onto your lips. Got these from Primark for £2 each.
- Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoos: Initially I went to get the ‘Aussome Volume, for fine and limp hair’ for a friend of mine, who had heard great things about this brand. When grabbing it off the shelf, right next to it, I saw the other type – ‘Mega Instant, for normal or greasy hair’. I had to get it too and try it out! Got these from Boots at £4.99 each.
- Nail Polish Fast Dry Spray: I will try whatever product/trick claims to make nail polish dry faster! Nothing is more frustrating that waiting for it to dry. Will be trying this out very soon! Got this from Primark for just £0.80. Read the review.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo for Light & Blonde Hair: Have to admit, I got a little bit excited about this one! A dry shampoo that can also help with lightening my roots?! Can’t wait to try this out. Got this from Boots at £3.99.
- Boots Dry Shampoo – Paradise Island: Yes, another dry shampoo! I was drawn to this by the price. For £1.50 (discounted from £2.29), I thought it was worth giving it a go! Read the review.
- Vaseline Hand Cream – Pure Aloe: I’ve always got hand moisturiser with me – in my bag, on my desk, bedside table – you name it! Maybe it’s a bit of an obsession but the feeling of dry skin on my hands makes me crazy! Got this as I love the smell of Aloe. It’s super hydrating and blends in easily. Got this from Primark for £2.
- Nivea Hand Cream – Macadamia Nut Oil: Well, one hand moisturiser isn’t enough is it? 🙂 Got this as well as I love the brand’s skin care products. It smells lovely and is super hydrating. Got this from Primark for £1.
- Cuticura Hand Gel in Tangy Cherry & Chocolate Orange: Apart from being a hand moisturiser lover, I am also a hand sanitizer freak! I swear by these products – ever since I started using hand sanitizer, I’ve stopped getting sick (flu, colds, coughs) It’s been nearly 2 years now, when I’d get ill about 3 times a year. I’ve never looked back! Got the two they had available – both smell delicious! Also from Primark at £1 each.
Well that was my beauty haul! So sad that the holiday is over. Still mentally preparing myself for the ‘real’ world with work starting tomorrow. Oh well, what can you do about it?! 🙂
Have you tried any of these products? Let me know your thoughts.