Imagine you wake up one morning and all your beauty products have disappeared… after the initial shock and very justified fit of rage, which 16 products would you buy immediately?
Ahhhhhhhhhh Scary right?!!! Yup!
I’ve been seeing this tag going round and really liked it – it’s something original and gets you thinking about what your essentials really are. Of course we know that narrowing it down to 16 is impossible, but here’s the first few items I would choose if I had to.
That being said there is no skin care here at all as it’s mostly make up, however as the skin care I use is recommended to me by my dermatologist, I am going to classify those as required products based on Dr’s orders so they are excluded from this!
- Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse – I’m as white as a ghost and do not tan at all which is a recipe for disaster when living in a hot climate. There’s just no way I can live without fake tan and this is the best I’ve ever tried. Obviously with this I would definitely need my body scrub, however I make this myself so it can be excluded from here too.
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation – I love the one in Golden Natural however this is more for my tanned days. However that being said, I just love the full coverage and flawless finish this foundation provides.
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush – One of my favourites to use when buffing in my foundation for a full coverage look.
- Nars Pressed Powder – I use the one in beach – again, mostly for my tanned days and pairs up beautifully with the True Match foundation. It sets my foundation perfectly and keeps it lasting for ages.
- Sigma Large Powder F20 Brush – This brush is amazing. Super soft and perfect to use for powder when setting your foundation.
- Nars Creamy Concealer – My favourites are Custard for concealing and Vanilla for highlighting. This concealer is amazing as it covers perfectly without creasing.
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish – I love using the one in Light to set the concealer under my eyes. Unfortunately I could not include my RT Setting brush in here but that’s what I would use it with.
- Zoeva ‘Naturally Yours’ Eye Shadow Palette – This palette contains the most beautiful neutral shades which are great for both day time and subtle evening looks.
- Zoeva 234 Smoky Shader – One of my favourites for applying eye shadow on my lid.
- Zoeva 228 Crease Brush – Definitely need this brush to blend in my eye shadow or when applying it in the crease. I’d be lost without it.
- Eye Brow Brush – Nothing irritates me more than a messy brow! I need a brow brush to keep everything in place.
- Eye Brow Pencil – In following from the above, I also always need to fill in my brows as mine are just so fair. I’m not too fussed with which one I use, however the one showing here is the Constance Carroll Pencil in Blonde. Super cheap and very effective.
- MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara – So far my favourite mascara to date. This really lengthens and thickens the lashes whilst making them super black and doesn’t clump up.
- Nars ‘Madly’ Blusher – It’s impossible to choose just one blush but this is definitely one of my most used. It’s a pretty peachy colour that gives a beautiful subtle glow.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush – I have to admit, I am still looking for my all-time favourite blush brush (any you can recommend?), however I’d definitely be needing one of these to apply my blush!
- Milk_Shake Leave in Conditioner – I won’t even get started on hair care, but if I really had to choose anything, it would definitely be a leave in conditioner which I really need due to the high amount of bleach in my hair, and Milk_Shake is one of my favourite hair care brands.
So there’s my top 16…so many other things are popping into mind right now – so sad to leave them behind!
Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it! I look forward to seeing more of these from anyone who wants to participate 🙂