Like most people with a addiction for beauty products, I tend to accumulate a lot of stuff all at one go, depending on my latest obsession and then end up with an overload of products.
Due to this, it tends to take quite some time till I actually end up finishing anything, however, as lame as this sounds, finishing products makes me feel really good. It’s like I haven’t wasted so much money after all! 🙂
So, these are the latest products I’ve finished so far. The question is: To Repeat Buy or Move On?
- Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo & Conditioner: What you see here is actually just the conditioner as I accidentally threw out the shampoo before. I just love these two together. They leave my hair feeling super smooth and very easily get out any knots. Just so you are aware, I have very long hair that’s got tons of bleach! It’s also naturally wavy and a bit frizzy, however these really combat a lot of the frizz and make it feel super soft, healthy and shiny. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Ghd Style Heat Protection Spray: This is a favourite of mine as I found it to be extremely effective at reducing heat damage to my hair. When straightening my hair using this protection spray, I noted that I hardly got any split ends or dryness – definitely a lot less than with other products I tried before. A must if you heat style your hair regularly – see if you too notice a difference. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover: This eye make up remover is great as it’s cheap, yet very effective. It effortlessly removes eye make up, even if it’s waterproof and doesn’t irritate my eyes. Definitely one worth trying out. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- V05 ‘Refresh Me Quick’ Dry Shampoo: I’ve tried quite a few dry shampoo’s lately and this is one that I keep going back to. It’s a good price, very effective and lasts quite a long time. I also like how not a large amount of product is needed to absorb the oiliness in the hair. It leaves the hair smelling nice and fresh and looks like it’s just been washed, with a bit of volume. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser: The perfect body moisturiser if you’re in a rush! I just love this and have gone through quite a few of these already. I love how quick it is to apply, and how easily the moisturiser absorbs into the skin making it feel super soft and smooth. Not the cheapest of products, but definitely well worth it. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Face Wash: I haven been using this for about 15 years already! (Time really does fly by!) I have tried others in between, but always went back to this. I did have bad acne and very oily skin in the past, and this is the most effective face wash that helped control my skin. It has also been recommended to me by various GP’s and dermatologists. With trying out if you have skin that’s prone to the occasional break out. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Sanex Natur Protect Deodorant – Sensitive Skin: I have always been extremely fussy when it came to antiperspirants and deodorants. I tried loads of different ones but hardly ever liked the smell of the product when I applied it to my skin, even though it smelt nice by itself. I also come from a very hot country, so getting good underarm protection is essential! To make things worse, when I made the switch from antiperspirants to deodorant, I was faced with even less choice. However, from all the one’s that I’ve tried so far, this is a winner. It effectively reduces any odours, doesn’t sting and keeps me feeling fresh even after a long day. It’s also free of any parabens, aluminium and alcohol. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Elf Mineral Face Primer – Clear: I really liked using this primer as it was very good at reducing the appearance of my pores and made me skin feel nice and smooth, as well as keeping my make up on for longer. I like that the thick gel texture is very easy to blend in and doesn’t add any colour. There are other primers that I’d really like to try out, but for this low price this sells for and its effectiveness, I’ll definitely be getting this again. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Tony & Guy Dry Shampoo: This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried and was so disappointed with this. Firstly, for a dry shampoo it was quite expensive – around €11. I suppose this would have been fine if it did the job, but it never really gave me that fresh, clean look that other dry shampoo’s have done. It also has a very strong perfumed smell which may or may not bother you, so do try smell it beforehand should you still decide to try this out. With all the other dry shampoo’s on the market that are half the price and so much better, personally, I wouldn’t bother with this. Verdict: Move On.
I’ve come to the sad realisation that I’ve marked ‘Repeat Buy’ for nearly everything….. I also know that I love trying out new products. So, once again, this is what happens when you have an addiction to beauty products!
Feel free to also do this if you’ve got a lot of empties piling up. I’d love to see what’s worth trying out or not 🙂