Hope you’ve all had a great week – it’s finally Friday! 😀
I’d like to start off by firstly thanking Fangirling Owl for the nomination 🙂 I’m so thankful for you thinking of me, I really appreciate it! She’s got a great blog and I definitely recommend you check it out!
Below, are the rules for the Liebster Award:
So here are my answers to Fangirling Owl‘s questions:
1. Name 5 of your favourite Makeup products?
Hmm 5 only? 🙂 Ok, I’ll try…. 1) L’Oreal True Match Foundation, 2) Nars Creamy Concealer, 3)MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural, 4) NARS Blusher in Madly and 5) Zoeva Graphic Eyes Eye Pencils. Really wish I could list a few more 😦
2. Bath or shower?
Shower – no time for baths unfortunately! I usually only have them when on holiday, however I tend to get fed up after 10 mins!
3. Do you have a pet?
A super hyper and naughty dog 🙂 He’s a mixed breed between a border collie and a hunting dog. Super cute 🙂 Unfortunately I couldn’t take him with me when I moved out (no garden) so he’s stayed at home with my dad. At least it’s just a 10 minute walk to get there so I see him quite often 🙂
4. What one thing could you not live without?
Self-tanner! I live in a country that’s hot for at least 7 months of the year and do not tan arghhh!
5. Favourite makeup product?
Hmm probably foundation. I love a flawless base 🙂
6. What are you most obsessed with? (a TV show or film or an app or any random thing ):
YouTube videos, Series (currently Grey’s Anatomy & Revenge), white-blonde hair (I drive my hairdresser insane), health foods/diet/teas, and of course, make up.
7. Celebrity crush?
Don’t have any…
8. If you could be anybody in the world who would you be?
Believe it or not, I’ve never really thought about this. To be honest though, even though it would be interesting being someone else, I’d just rather be the better version of me, if that makes sense 🙂
9. Favourite colour?
It depends 🙂 As a colour by itself I’d say an aquamarine. For home interiors: white, black, & neutral earthy tones, make up: corals and neutrals. I could go on….Sorry if I complicated it 🙂
10. What’s the last book you read?
I got “persuaded” into reading the first book of the 50 shades trilogy… can’t say I was too impressed. I’m currently reading something better – ‘Tell No One’ by Harlan Coben – Rachel Ellis got me interested in this one! Loving it so far!
11. What’s the best and worst thing about blogging?
Best: I get to do what I love – talking about beauty/health etc. I also get to interact with a lot of great people that have similar interests to me, as well as getting to learn about new things. I find it to be a very friendly and supportive community and so happy to have met some wonderful people 🙂
Worst: It can take up quite a lot of time. Even though it’s enjoyable, sometimes I need to try and find the best balance between a full time job, studying, meeting friends, family, exercise, quality time with my partner, me time.. oh and blogging time! Well, that’s life 🙂
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I’m obsessed with music and used to dream about being in a girl band when I was (a lot) younger!
- I love to bake, especially brownies and red velvet cake – but try not to do so as I’ll end up eating…
- I enjoy my job, but sometimes dream of just quitting and travelling for a year before ‘settling down’. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
- I lived in Germany till I was 5 – really wish I had continued to learn the language.
- I love to read – wish I had more time to do so though.
- I NEED my sleep – a lot of it. I get very cranky if I get less than 8 hrs. I like a bit more on the weekend too 🙂
- It takes a very long time for me to open up to people – I don’t trust easily. In fact, the only person who knows me, who is aware of this blog, is my boyfriend.
- I’m fascinated with human behaviour. I just love analysing why people do what they do and why they became who they are.
- I always keep a secret and return things that are lent to me. I just can’t stand it when people can’t do this, it drives me crazy.
- I cannot stand judgemental gossip. It. makes. me. sick.
- I’m an optimist and never give up 🙂
I nominate these brilliant bloggers (I haven’t taken notice of the 200 followers or not. If you have time to do this, feel free. If not, that’s ok 🙂 )
- All Things Britney Lee
- Life As Lisa Knows It
- The Pink Impact
- Styled by Lauren
- The Makeup Case
- The Simple Beginner
- The Style Intervention
- Beauty Fétiche
- Dream and Dazzle
- Dork Chops
- Well Thought Out Twinkles
My Questions to them:
- Favourite beauty product of all time?
- Worst beauty product you ever tried?
- Favourite & worst food?
- What’s your worst habit?
- What made you/when did you start loving make up?
- Where do you want to be in the next 5 years? (sorry if this is typical interview!)
- Life experience that affected you the most (positive or negative)?
- Other interests besides beauty?
- Favourite make up brand?
- Lips: Neutral, Bright or Dark?
- Nails: Natural or Gels?