I love wearing lipstick, but could really do without the re-application every once in a while! So when I saw multiple YouTubers rave about these long-lasting lip glosses, I just had to try them out!
Firstly, some brief product info if you’ve never heard of these before: These ‘Me Now – Generation II‘ long lasting lip glosses can be found on Ebay from various sellers, usually all from China and sell at ridiculously cheap prices (approx. €1.20 each). The range is quite varied and currently there are 36 different colours to choose from.
The term ‘lip gloss’ is to be used lightly, as when dry these actually look and feel like a matte lipstick. Also, these do not budge so are definitely great if you’re looking for something long lasting.
Packaging: The packaging of these is pretty standard really, however that’s to be expected for the price that you are paying. Each lip product weights about 4.4g and all come with a doe foot applicator.
Texture: All of these are quite pigmented and creamy in consistency. The only exception from the ones I have is number 10 as it’s quite sheer, however the others are all very deep in colour tone.
Texture: All are super creamy and relatively thick, however they are easy to apply on the lips and do not feel heavy.
Application: For long lasting lip glosses, these are quite easy to apply. They glide on easily, however they do dry quite quickly so you do need to move a bit fast, however it’s quite manageable really.
Just some tips:
- Do exfoliate your lips very well beforehand.
- After exfoliating, do moisturise and let the product seep into the lips.
- Before applying the lip gloss, dab off the excess lip moisturiser as this will cause the lip product to rub off.
Shades: From left to right:
- 26: A pretty peachy pink colour that I love wearing for work.
- 18: A stone coloured nude that’s got a slight pink based to it. It’s meant to be a dupe for Limecrime’s Velvetines dupe in Cashmere. One of my favourites!
- 10: The least pigmented of all the ones I’ve got but very pretty nonetheless. A cute nude peach shade.
- 02: A gorgeous deep toned pink.
- 20: A lovely toned down red with a hint of pink in it.
- 30: A very deep brown colour. It may not look the most attractive when swatched, but this really looks gorgeous if you’re looking to try a different type of brown lip.
- 04: A pretty pink that’s vibrant but not too shocking.
- 19: A muted coral that’s super sweet and looks great for the warmer months.
- 09: A pretty, orange based red. Love this for Summer!
- 05: A stunning deep, blue based red – great for making your teeth look really white!
I’m really loving these lately! I love the large range of shades they have and really like that they are super long lasting! That being said, my lips tend to get a bit dry so I always pop on a bit of lip balm on top once it’s dried. This does tend reduce the longevity of the lip colour, however they still last relatively long – about 5 hours with eating and drinking. Quite good if you ask me!
Have any of you tried these? Which are your favourites?