I just love make up tools, in particular brushes! So a big thank you goes out to Stash Matters for nominating me for this tag and getting me to talk about my top make up tools 🙂 I definitely recommend you check out her blog, it’s one of my favourites to follow.
• Tag up to 5 people and let them know you tagged them.
• List what you want. It doesn’t matter how many.
• Cannot be actual make up, skin care, or hair care products – just the tools and gadgets you use.
So when it comes to tools, I really just tend to use brushes and spoolie’s. I go through phazes of using sponges and at the moment I’m not really into them which is why they’re not featuring here.
The photo above shows all my favourites that have remained consistently used and loved through time. I tend to alternate between brushes, but I always stick with these.
The Bigger Brushes (Left to Right)
- Zoeva 106 Powder Brush: I love the pretty rose gold handle this has 🙂 Besides that, I think it’s the perfect size for a powder brush and the softness of the bristles apply powder beautifully.
- Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush: This is fantastic for liquid foundation application. It buffs it in so smoothly leaving a nice air-brush effect and flawless finish.
- Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush: I can’t get over how amazing this brush is. Firstly, the rose gold with the white bristles. How gorgeous is that?! It’s a perfect size and I really like the slant it has as it makes powder blush application so much easier.
- Zoeva 220 Luxe Grand Shader: Not really a big brush per say, but for an eye brush it is! I love to use this to apply the eye shadow base. As it’s so densely packed and wide, it makes application super fast and accurate.
The Smaller Brushes (Left to Right)
- Real Techniques Setting Brush: The best brush for setting under eye concealer! It fits in the under eye area perfectly and feels so soft and gentle in that delicate area.
- Zoeva 228 Crease Brush: This has transformed the way I apply shadow in my crease. I love how fluffy it is and find it makes all the difference for blending colour beautifully.
- Zoeva 234 Luxe Smoky Shader: This type of brush is my favourite for packing on colour on the lid. Its short and dense bristles pick up the right amount of product and apply it so well.
- Zoeva 317 Wing Liner: I would not manage to apply my gel liner properly without this! The weight of the brush, the thickness of the bristles and the angle at which it is make it the best liner tool I have ever tried so far.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 20 Brow Brush & Spoolie: Ok, here’s a confession. I have a serious case of OCD when it comes to eyebrows. Before I apply my make up, they need to be brushed or it will drive me insane! I would be so lost without spoolies! The brush is quite good for brow gel application too, but it doesn’t really form part of my all-time favourites.
So those are my go-to tools! Have you tried any of these? What do you think of them?
My 5 Nominees:
Have a great weekend everyone!