So, about two weeks ago, I went a little bit crazy on the Zoeva website and treated myself to their gorgeous eye shadow palettes! As promised, I’ll be testing and reviewing a palette a week and today I’ll be starting of with the ‘Love is a Story’ palette.
Packaging: Like all their other palettes, these come in a 1.5g cardboard palette that opens upright, closes magnetically and comes in a sleeve that’s identical in design to the palette itself. The intense violet colour combined with metallic pink text and design makes up such a pretty palette that’s sleek, stylish, girly and fun – love it!
Shades: The colours on the inside are no let down either! I think that this palette offers such an original combination of shades that create such pretty looks when used together. From neutral bronze and gold shades, to bright shimmery purples and turquoise to deep olive green and metallic blue – stunning!
In more detail:
Top Row, Left to Right:
- Film Star – A matte white shade, great as a base or for highlighting the brow bone.
- Affair – A gorgeous champagne colour with a slight shimmer – love using this as a base and highlighter too.
- Past Romance – A shocking bright purple that’s full of pretty shimmer particles.
- Man with a Plan – A pretty deep metallic purple that’s super for a smoky eye.
- Ladylike – A stunning turquoise that’s super bright and pigmented. Love this especially for lining the lower lash line.
Bottom Row, Left to Right:
- Over You – A matte soft brown: the perfect crease and transition shade.
- Little Kiss – An intense and shimmery copper shade: beautiful for the inner corner or on the lid itself.
- Old Fashioned – An intense and deep purple shade: perfect for defining the outer v.
- Flirt – Another colour I don’t normally see in a typical palette: a matte muted forest green.
- Mystery Date – A highly pigmented and shimmery dark blue that’s stunning.
Formula: A mix of shimmery, matte and satin shades can be found in here and all are very pigmented without too much fall out.
Cost: At this point in time, all Zoeva palette sell for €17.50. Considering the product quality and pigmentation offered, these are definitely very well-priced and worth trying.
Verdict: I really loved using this all week! It got me out of my comfort zone and helped me to move away from the usual neutral shades, to more colourful and vibrant shades that I normally don’t use.
Which shade is your favourite?
Other Zoeva Eye Shadow Palettes: