If you read my last few blog posts, you’d know that recently I had a major Zoeva eye shadow haul! Last week I spoke about the Love is a Story palette, and today I’ll be talking about the Retro Future eye shadow palette.
Packaging: As with all the other eye shadow palettes in this series by Zoeva, they come in the form of a lightweight 1.5g cardboard palette that opens upright and closes magnetically. The palette itself is packaged within a sleeve that’s identical in design to the palette itself. This design is pretty simplistic, yet interesting: a deep maroon-purple colour with with a bright pink design that’s similar to a diamond shaped rock.
Shades: Just like the Love is a Story palette, I find that the shades found here are also quite unique. However, that being said, I do tend to gravitate towards nude palettes, so these were a great change. This contains gorgeous metallic beauties like rose golds, bronze, olive and silvers. You will also find deeply pigmented matte shades of royal blue and purple.
In more detail:
Top Row, Left to Right:
- Galaxy: A pure matte white that’s super pigmented – great for highlighting or lining the eye itself.
- Super Vibe: A pretty shimmery pale olive green that’s great as a subtle base or liner colour.
- New Age: One of my favourites; a beautiful, light shimmery golden colour – perfect as a base or transition colour.
- Space Out: A lovely shimmery pale grey that’s great for highlighting or lining the lower eye.
- Rose Gold: Another of my favourites! A stunning role gold shade that highly shimmered and pigmented. Also great as a base, transition or lower liner shade.
Bottom Row, Right to Left:
- Silver Disc: A much more intense version of Space Out. Great for further enhancing the crease.
- Electric Youth: A beautiful and intense matte royal blue that’s highly pigmented. Great for making a statement!
- Cosmic Chic: Another bold shade that’s stunning – an intense purple that’s great for a subtle smoky eye or a liner.
- Time Travel: A pretty and soft lilac shade that’s matte and highly pigmented.
- Black Hole: An intense shimmery black that’s not too harsh at the same time. Perfect for defining the outer v or lining the eye.
Formula: This palette contains a mix of both shimmery and matte shades. Overall, the shimmery shades are quite subtle, yet just right for a day look. If you want a more intense look, you might need to apply an eye primer and layer on the product a bit more. Alternatively, the matte shades are highly pigmented without needing to apply much.
Cost: Right now, all Zoeva palettes sell for €17.50. Quite well-priced for the amount of shades and definitely worth trying out.
Verdict: This is definitely one pretty palette. It offers shades that are definitely out of my comfort zone, but can be easily used to create beautiful looks particularly for spring and summer. The Zoeva website itself also has some great eye looks for all of their palettes which are worth checking out if you’re in need for some inspiration! A lovely palette with a difference!
What do you think of this? Are these shades you usually wear?
Other Zoeva Eye Shadow Palettes: