Time for another Zoeva eye shadow palette review! Just two more left – and these last three are definitely top favourites!
Introducing to you, Zoeva’s ‘Smoky’ eye shadow palette. This palette is just gorgeous and perfect for creating soft, to super intense smoky eyes. It’s also been classed as a dupe for Urban Decay’s Smoky palette – for those that have it, would you agree?
Packaging: A 1.5g sleek, cardboard palette that fits in a sleeve, identical to the palette design itself. It opens upright to reveal 10 beautiful shades, protected by a thin plastic film, and closes back down magnetically.
The design of this, like all the other palettes in the collection, is inspired by the palette name itself. This ‘smoky’ palette in turn, has a deep, dark, grungy design to it that looks intense and mysterious just as the shades found inside.
Shades: A beautiful mix of light, medium and deep toned shades to create the perfect smoky eye. Ranging from cool greys to rich browns you’re bound to find any colour that suits your fancy for your smoky eye look that day.
In more detail:
Top row, left to right:
- Relieve the Moon: A matte white shade, perfect as a base or for the inner corners.
- Sleep to Dream: A beautiful matte grey. Great for a soft base or transition shade.
- Soul Searching: A shimmery light grey that looks great for added sparkle on the lid or inner corners.
- Sweet Smell:A beautiful mid-tone brown that I love using as a transition shade.
- Dark Edge: This is just gorgeous! A deep green colour with golden flex in it.
Bottom row, left to right:
- Dust & Memories: A beautiful matte mauve pink colour that’s an amazing transition or lid shade.
- Smoky Wishes: A deep plum colour that’s also matte. Great for defining the outer v.
- Elegant Chaos: An intense navy colour with a hint of purple.
- Ashes Awake: A deep charcoal grey that’s super smoky and intense.
- Real Light: A matte black shade.
Formula: All shades here are packed with pigment and do not disappoint. Only small amounts are needed, and it might even be worth tapping off any excess when using those darker shades.
Cost: Selling for €17.50 on the Zoeva website, I would definitely say that this is an incredible price for all that you are getting – the number of shades, colour pay-off and quality. It is one to try out if you love smoky and dramatic looks.
Verdict: I just love this palette and can’t wait to get more use out of it in the colder months. Obviously this can be used at any time, but at the moment I’m just loving super bright and summery shades. A gorgeous palette offering incredible shades that allow for both subtle and intense smoky looks and don’t leave much fall out. Definitely one to try out!
Other Zoeva Eye Shadow Palettes:
- Love is a Story
- Naturally Yours
- Retro Future
- Rodeo Belle
- Mixed Metals
- Rose Golden
- Cocoa Blend
- En Taupe