Hello everyone! Time for another round of empties 🙂
I’ve really been trying to focus on using up more stuff and having less and less duplicates or similar back ups of certain products. Not only will this save up storage space, but I’ll also avoid alternating between so many different products at the same point in time!
Here’s what I’ve used up lately. The question is, Will I Repeat Buy or Move on to something else?
- Vaseline’s Spray & Go Moisturiser in Aloe Fresh: Really love this! The perfect body moisturiser, especially when you are in a hurry. It’s super light, yet extremely blendable and easily absorbed into the skin without making it feel sticky. This scent is lovely – so fresh and light! The only drawback is that these are quite expensive locally (approx. €9), however I managed to get a couple at half price during a store sale. Verdict: Repeat Buy
- Milk_Shake’s Integrity Nourishing Shampoo: This shampoo was really nice. It smelt absolutely wonderful – a delicious mix of exotic fruits! It was creamy in texture and gentle on the hair as it’s sulfate and paraben free. My only dislike is that I found the product a bit too thick. This made it difficult to squeeze out of the tub and also required a lot of water to lather up properly. A good shampoo, but with so many others available, I think I’ll be giving this a miss next time. Verdict: Move On
- Simple’s BB Cream: This BB cream is just great!! It has extremely high coverage for a BB cream and lasts a whole day, although I do apply a bit of powder on top. It’s very yellow based, so it might not be for everyone, however if you have the skin tone for it, it is definitely worth trying out. Verdict: Repeat Buy
- E.l.f’s Mineral Face Primer (Green): This was quite a good primer that did the job. It’s very silicone based so it feels a little oily to the touch but once applied on the face, it blends in immediately and leaves the skin feeling matte. It did a good job of concealing pores, however the green colour as such did nothing at all. If you’re looking to concealer redness then don’t count on it and just opt for the transparent version. That being said they are all the same price so you’ve got nothing to lose! As there are so many primers I have yet to try, I’ll be giving this a miss. Verdict: Move On
- E.l.f’s Lip Exfoliator: I wouldn’t say that this product is necessary as any sugar or salt from your cupboard will do the trick. However, it’s at such a cheap price and convenient as it’s in a stick ready to use, that you might as well just go for it! It did the job well and exfoliated my lips really well without being painful or frying them out. Verdict: Repeat Buy
- Nivea’s Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream: This was really nice – smelt great and makes my hands feel nice and soft. It was a miniature version, so perfect for throwing in my handbag too! As good as it was, I can’t say I’m particularly loyal to hand moisturiser so I’ll be trying out something else next time. Verdict: Move On
- Sanex Natur Protect Deodorant: I’ve been using this for ages and really like it! I’m very fussy with deodorants as I don’t always like how they smell on me (even though they smell nice in the container), but this really smells lovely and keeps me feeling fresh for most of the day on extremely hot days. Verdict: Repeat Buy
- Laidbare Tantastic, Natural Self-Tanner: This self-tanner really is amazing! It may be a small container but it really does last quite a while. Natural, organic, cruelty-free, super effective and well priced! Leaves a nice golden tan that looks so natural. It does need to be reapplied about every 2-3 days though. Verdict: Repeat Buy
- Loving Tan 2 hr Express Deluxe Bronzing Mousse in Dark & Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse in Ultra Dark: Verdict: I loooovve these tans! These are by far, one of the very best self- tanners I have ever tried. They are super effective and give a beautiful brown colour instantly. Extremely easy to apply and with great last power. As a bonus, they are also alcohol, paraben and cruelty-free! Not the cheapest, but definitely worth it, and they last quite a while too! Verdict: Repeat Buy
Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts on them?