During the last two months, quite a few products have been used up! A lot of these are also favourites, however let’s go through them all…
Top, left to right:
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blonde: Batiste dry shampoos are definitely one of the best out there and this is no exception. Extremely effective at eliminating oil and leaves a nice blonde tint which is great especially with regrowth. Be sure to brush this properly for no coloured streaks though! Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- St Moriz Instant Self-Tanning Mousse in Dark: This is pretty good. Quite effective, easy to apply with minimised streaking and reasonably priced. That being said, I have switched to organic and natural self-tanners so for this reason alone I will not be re buying. Verdict: Move On.
- Laid Bare’s Tantastic Natural Self-Tanner: I love this! It’s super effective, gives a lovely golden colour and made with all natural ingredients. It’s also very well priced. However, it doesn’t smell too great once dried and as it’s a cream, it’s not the easiest to apply. However, as it’s all natural, I’ll definitely keep buying this. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Mac’s Mineralise Skin Finish Powder in Medium Plus: Without a doubt, one of the best powders ever! Gives a lovely hint of colour and keeps oil at bay for hours. Gorgeous product. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- La Roche Posay’s Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily & Sensitive Skin: I’ve been using this for 15 years so without a doubt, it’s one of my favourites! A very simple product, yet one that agrees well with my skin that’s very sensitive and acne prone. Recommended to me by various GP’s and dermatologists, it’s definitely always on my shelf. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
Bottom, Left to Right:
- Nivea’s Extra Gentle Eye Make up Remover: Really liked this. Found it very effective at removing heavy and water-proof eye make up and best of all was gentle and didn’t sting. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Pharmaceris Emollient Moisturising Day Cream: This was alright, but not my favourite. I don’t experiment much with skin care as it’s so sensitive and generally reacts badly to new products. However I though I’d give this a go was my usual moisturiser as sold out. It did the job but didn’t seem to help my skin much and I did get a few more breakouts than usual. Verdict: Move On.
- Avon’s Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation in Natural Beige: One of the best foundations I have ever used! High coverage, leaving a beautiful and flawless finish. Being an Avon product, it is also very affordable and also comes in a good range of colours. Love this! Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- Avon’s Super Dream Mascara: Unfortunately, this was just awful. It dried up really quickly and didn’t really do much to my lashes. It added no body, length or thickness and wasn’t a deep black colour either. Definitely not worth it in my opinion. Verdict: Move On.
- Rimmel’s Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Warm Beige: One of my favourite powders of all time! So effective – as good as any high end powder and just so cheap! Love it and will forever keep buying it. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
- E.l.f’s Mineral Face Primer in Purple: I quite liked this. A very effective primer at a very low cost. Its thick silicone base filled in pores nicely and makes the skin feel nice and smooth. However, the purple colour didn’t really add any extra benefit as it said it would. For this reason only, I will not repurchase, however the translucent one that they have is worth trying out. Verdict: Move On.
- Yves Rocher’s Bio Gentle Body Scrub with Organic Aloe Vera: Ohh I really love this! The exfoliating beads looked so tiny but proved to be very effective and really left my skin feeling soft and smooth. The thick gel it came in foamed up nicely and left a wonderful fresh aloe vera sent. A little product also really goes a long way and lasts quite a while. Verdict: Repeat Buy.
That was quite a long list of products! More storage space cleared out 🙂
Have you tried any of these?